Friday, March 11, 2011

Serve with the Spirit

I loved this talk, it seemed especially pertinent to me today. I have had someone on my mind lately I have been thinking of what I can do for them, last night I found out why they were in need of help and I knew it was the time to step up. But I get so afraid, I over think it all. I worry that I won't know what to say or do and it will just be awkward. What I took from this talk was that if I go and serve with the Holy Ghost than it will be ok, that it will be the service that person needs. I guess this quote was my motivation for today

"let us do whatever is required to qualify for the Holy Ghost as our companion, and then let us go forward fearlessly so that we will be given the powers to do whatever the Lord calls us to do."

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little slow commenting this week. My family had spring break so schedules were a little weird. That quote was he exact one I highlighted when I was reading too. I am not necessarily a very outgoing person and I have trouble too sometimes afraid of what the other person might think. I have to keep reminding myself that it shouldn't really matter. If someone is in need and I am prompted I should be able to go out and fearlessly follow that prompting. This talk was another reminder of that.

    ReplyDelete