Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week 3- Emily

Agency: Essential to the Plan of Life:
Do we fear the judgments of man over the judgments of the Lord? I liked this question he posed and also the example of the varnished floor.

Let There Be Light!:
“It is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right.” Mosiah then warns, “If the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come." This quote from Mosiah 29 was really reassuring to me. For me it is a reassurance that the majority of the public will not choose wickedness until the timing is right. That when called to vote on public policy laws the things that will be decided are the Lord's will because he can help direct men's concious.

Faith- the Choice is Yours:
You can choose faith or you can choose pessimism. Written like that they seem like opposites. I guess this just stood out to me because being more positive is something I need to work on and the way to do that is to work on my faith. It reminds me of one of my favorite talks from a few conferences ago- The Best is Yet to Come- where it says that part of faith is the faith that the Lord will have everything work out.

Our Very Survival:
This talk went over something that was talked about earlier in conference, following the prophet. They went over the same 14 points about obedience to the prophets, it must be something we really need to hear. I liked how he said our very survival depends on following the prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment